menubar

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

iON | Rhombic

Transcribed by Bert.

[March 12, 2016 Part 5 (36:18 mark)]

Caller: Can you tell me what “rhombic” means?

iON: Well, let’s do it this way! It’s a convex polyhedron with 12 congruent rhombic faces with 24 edges.

Caller: I can look this up, can I? You don’t have to…

iON: 12 vertices! No! No! We don’t mind!

Caller: OK!

iON: A space transitive, isohedral, isotoxal, parallelohedron.

Caller: One thing that came up was when I checked into it. It has to do with the honeycomb structure. Is that just a…

iON: It can!

Caller: … part? It can… that’s one of the things.

iON: Are you doing a “Coxeter” diagram?

Caller: I’m not sure! “Coxeter” diagram?

iON: Well, you should! “Coxeter”!

Caller: OK!

iON: “Coxeter”. C… we can do this for you! C-O-X-E-T-E-R!

No comments: