menubar

Monday, November 11, 2019

Bob Dobbs’ Diaries: Jan. 3/1964 (Washington)



J. Edgar Hoover: Now you listen to me, Bob! You and your people are going to have to level with me! I have proof that you were at Dealey Plaza and that you were directly involved with the assassination of President Kennedy! So you better give me the whatfor. Why did you kill the President?

Dobbs: Edgar, you know you can't touch me, so you can call off your threats. But I'll give you your what-for. The reason is somewhere between collective phobia, national mythmaking, cultural norm- functioning, and individual sensation. You can take your pick or juggle all four. Remember, Edgar, I have no grievance against the Catholics.

Hoover: Catholics? What are you trying to suggest? Dobbs: Just what I said.

Hoover: Are you taping this?

Dobbs: Of course.

Hoover: Your friends think they have immunity for now and all time. Well, I'm going to make it my legacy that they will be exposed. Since you're getting it on tape, you make damn sure they hear me saying this. And you're going down with them. Now get out of this building!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your illustrations Ed! — Cheryl

Ed Long said...

Thanks, Cheryl!!!