menubar

Monday, December 9, 2019

Bob Dobbs’ Diaries: April 11/1977 (Halifax)



Bob strolled into the Seahorse Tavern at the appointed time to find Duncan sitting with a person whom Bob recognized as a familiar face around the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design campus.

Duncan: Bob, this is Eric Fischl, an artist who teaches at the art school.

Dobbs: Yes, I've seen you around there when I've visited Dennis Young.

Duncan: We were just talking about our favorite movies and Eric mentioned a film called GREASER’S PALACE. I've never heard of it? Have you?

Dobbs: Oh yes. I've seen it. Great movie. Made by Robert Downey, who did an earlier classic, PUTNEY SWOPE.

Fischl: You've seen GREASER’S PALACE!? You're the first person I've met in Halifax who's even heard of it, let alone seen it. Amazing!

Nothing more was said about movies because they were interrupted by the chattering company of Art McKay and Greg Skinner.

No comments: